Spring is almost here, which means many homeowners will indulge in spring cleaning in the next few weeks. During this time, we encourage homeowners to consider pest-proofing in and around the home.
Spring is the time, no matter how good or bad the winter, when people begin to notice an increase in pest infestations like ants, termites, flies and wasps or mosquitoes. The simplest way to minimize the possibility relevant to an infestation is prevention. Adding just a few quick and simple tasks along with the spring cleaning to-do list can work very well in keeping pests away from the home.
We recommend the next steps to prevent an infestation this spring:
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water at your house, including birdbaths also in clogged gutters.
- Seal cracks and holes along the foundation of the house including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Screen windows and doors.
- Keep tree branches and other plants from touching the house .
- Store firewood at least 20 feet off of the home on a raised structure with concrete blocks.
- Inspect the skin of a home for nests built by stinging insects, which can be found in the eaves under roofs or under the vinyl lip.
- Keep kitchens clean by wiping down counters and also other food surfaces after meal prep.
- Take out the trash frequently and store it in a sealed container outdoors.
- Avoid leaving pets’ food dishes out for long periods of time.
If you suspect you have an infestation, contact us at 731.422.2643 so we can help you determine the best course of action by determining the species of the insects and recommend a program of treatment.
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”